Take Dad to Timberline for a memorable Mt Hood Father’s Day June 18, 2017
Planning a special day with Dad? Here’s the perfect way to spend Father’s Day on Mt. Hood
- Sleep in (but not later than Dad…and make sure you have his coffee READY!).
- Mid-morning get everyone in the car and take a nice Sunday drive to Timberline Lodge. Tell Dad to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.
- Enjoy a hearty buffet lunch in the Cascade Dining Room where you’ll find a feast to fill Dad up. Don’t forget to celebrate with a Signature Hot Chocolate and a Mt Hood Brewing Co. beer tasting (sample the IPA, Blonde, Amber and Oatmeal Stout for $5 or enjoy $1 off any pint of Mt. Hood Brewing beer). No reservations required. Lunch buffet is $22.00 for adults, $10.50 for children 3-11 and kids under 3 are free. 11:30am – 3:00pm.
- Find your way to the historic Blue Ox Bar – awarded the Most Iconic Bar in Oregon by Thrillist – and get a picture with Paul Bunyan (you can even buy Dad a Blue Ox T-shirt).
- Take in the exhilarating alpine air and stunning mountain views when you ride the Magic Mile Sky Ride – now open for foot passengers. Buy your ticket at the front desk.
- Depart Timberline and drive down the mountain for a (really) short hike to Little Zig Zag Falls. If Little Zig Zag Falls isn’t enough of a challenge for Dad, there are MILES of Mt Hood Hikes to discover. Take more pictures!
- Finish up with a nice drive home while Dad naps in the car and pat yourself on the back for making Father’s Day this year a really memorable one.