Your dream job awaits…become a Timberline snowboard or ski instructor. Do you love skiing & snowboarding? Do you love helping people? You might just love helping people ski and snowboard!
Come join us and learn how to share your love and knowledge of mountain sports. If you are already in the know about teaching snowsports, we are always in need of experienced, certified ski and snowboard instructors. Additionally, we are actively recruiting freestyle ski and snowboard coaches for our growing Timberline Freestyle Program. Compensation is based on certifications and experience.
Michael Jennings, Timberline Ski & Ride School, 27500 E Timberline Road, Timberline Lodge, OR 97028. E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We start the hiring process by setting up a personal interview with each applicant. Interviews will be conducted on weekends in early to mid October. The interviews will take place with the Ski & Ride School Management Staff in the Timberline Ski Area Day Lodge. Successful applicants will be invited to attend our Instructor Training Course (ITC) on November 14 & 15. The ITC is the final step in the hiring process and we will fill our winter positions at its conclusion.
If you are offered a position with the Timberline Ski & Ride School you will be required to attend New Hire Orientation and New Hire Training on November 21 & 22 and December 5 & 6. Your attendance at all training days are mandatory. Training will begin at 8am and continue until 5pm. We recommend bringing your own lunch and snacks.
The ITC/hiring events are designed to introduce you to the basic concepts of teaching snowsports and will give you a greater understanding of the business and professional side of the craft. In addition to instructor-specific information, you will also have the opportunity to develop your own riding or skiing skills. We look forward to your participation.
We will provide:
• Lift tickets
• Indoor presentations
**We recommend you bring your own lunch and snacks.
• We have both part-time and full-time positions available. Visit the Timberline Jobs page for all current listings.
• We require a minimum commitment of 18 days spread out among our busiest days of the season. The 18 day commitment includes either Saturdays or Sundays in January, February & early March and a variety of holidays. You must be available for some days over the December holidays between December 25th and January 1st.
• A 25 day commitment qualifies a winter instructor to purchase a summer pass for just $25.
• New snowboard and ski instructors must also be available for extensive training in November and December.
• If offered a position we will expect you to teach both adult and children group lessons.
Thank you again for your interest in Timberline and our school. We look forward to meeting you in November. Think snow!
Technical Director Timberline Ski & Ride School
Interviews: early to mid October
Instructor Training Course (ITC): November 14 & 15, 2015
New Hire Orientation: November 22, 2015
New Hire Training November: 21 & 22, December 5 & 6, 2015